Tuesday, November 2, 2010

First Post!


I'm a newly-married college student trying to support my creative habit. I LOVE all things creative. I crochet, knit, sew, paint....and on and on and on.

I attribute my creative genes to my lovely Grandmother, who has taught me how to do all of the above things and so much more. I started crocheting when I was 7 years old. I still remember sitting on my Grandma's porch crocheting chains. I would proudly show her my work, and she and my Grandfather would ooh and aah much more than I'm sure I deserved at that time. Their praise worked, however, since now I'm a total crochet addict.

My passions include living a creative, authentic, and meaningful life, creating beautiful surroundings, cooking, education--especially high quality education for ALL children--regardless of race, native language, etc., writing, making peace, and saving the world.

I lived abroad in Eastern Europe for two semesters, and I have to admit that I'm a complete and total Russophile. I love to travel. I used to live by the train station in Kiev, Ukraine. I walked through the train station every day to get to the metro station, and I can honestly say there is nothing quite as lovely as a train station. Oh yes, I know, all the warning about pick-pockets and what have you, but keep your purse close and enjoy the exhilaration of the comings and goings, the rushing and the waiting, and the signs announcing arrivals and departures to and from far-flung, exciting locations. I loved every second of it. My future travel goals include Alaska, back to Russia and Ukraine, Africa, and India, as well as Syria, Israel, and Afghanistan.

So, that's the first post and I'll be back soon to post more about my creations and my efforts at living the creative life.

No comments:

Post a Comment